viernes, 24 de julio de 2009

The swedish!


My sister named this dip, as "The swedish" and there is a reason for this. I first tried this dip when I bought it at my swedish friend´s stall in Borough market, here in London. I looked through the ingredients and decided to try it on my own, at home. The result is delicious and it combines so wonderfully well with the bread. It´s perfect for a dinner party and your guests will love it. Always use fresh dill, and you will be amazed by the crunchiness of the onion and the sweetness of the herring. This is my version of Anna´s, since she uses swedish anchovies, gelatine and sour cream in her recipe. So here´s to you, Anna Mosseson, to your infectious smile. Thank you for introducing me to the delicious Scandinavian food. Anna gives cooking courses around Italy and Sweden these days.






















Ingredients:
One jar pickled herrings
One hard boiled egg
Half a red onion
Fresh dill
One to two spoonfulls of creme fraiche
Salt and pepper


Method:
If the herring comes with onion in the jar, discard it. Chop the herring very finely, as well as the onion, egg, dill, and add one or two spoonfulls of the creme fraiche, until all the ingredients are combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. It´s now ready to use, or you can keep it in the fridge. Serve with triangles of brown bread, or granary bread.


















No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario